Our digital addictions are making the companies that profit from them very wealthy. One way to address this problem is to take a digital detox.
A digital detox is a period of time when you intentionally limit your use of digital devices. This can be done for a day, a week, or even longer. Nearly everyone in North America could use a digital detox. Most of us fail to recognize just how much time we spend on our digital devices. Smartphones, social media, video games, and the internet in general are all highly addictive.
During a digital detox, you might choose to:
- Turn off your phone and computer.
- Put your phone away during meals and social interactions.
- Delete social media apps from your phone.
- Find other ways to entertain yourself, such as reading, going for a walk, or spending time with friends and family.
A digital detox can help you to:
- Reduce stress and anxiety.
- Improve your sleep.
- Increase your productivity.
- Strengthen your relationships.
- Be more mindful of the present moment.
If you’re ready to take a break from your digital devices, this eBook will provide some tips to guide you through the process.